Monday, November 29, 2010

I am thankful.

This week I think about all of the things I am thankful for. I am thankful to have a job when many people out there don't. I am thankful for a family who is financially stable and that we all have a roof over our heads and food to eat, when many people don't. I am thankful for the opportunity to go back to school and Gods strength he gives me daily to attend class and study and do homework, when sometimes I would simply like to give up. I am thankful for my healthy niece that is due in Febuary and that my sister will get the child she always wanted. I am very thankful for Aarons family who is supportive and understanding and encouraging to their amazing son who has fought a disease and will continue to fight a disease for the rest of his life. I am thankful for Lisa who came into Aaron and his brothers life (and mine) at the perfect time. I am thankful for my dad who continues to amaze me on a daily basis. He is so hardworking and smart, he is caring and strong and I can only hope that someday I am half the amazing person he is. I am thankful for my mom who fights her illness daily. Every single day I see an improvement in her. No matter how hard life gets for my mom and no matter how hard she struggles, she keeps fighting and laughing as if nothing is even wrong.  I am thankful for my nana and my poppop, my nana is the most phenominal women I have ever known. Even at 81 years old she still continues to amaze me with her love and passion for life. My poppop who even though has been past away for almost 10 years, continues to guide and encourage me in his spirit to live a life full of adventure and hope. Most importantly, I am thankful for my life. Without that I wouldnt be able to witness and be a part of any of these things. In church last week, they talked about how life isn't about YOU.  How so many people stress and want, and no matter how much they get, nothing is ever going to be good enough for them, even if they say it is. Everyone always wants MORE. Initially, people want to be happy, and you would be amazed at how much making other people happy can satisfy that. I totally believe in this. I am going to start volunteering to those less fortunate, and this Christmas, Aarons family has decided that instead of presents we are going to all donate money to the Seattles Union Gospel Mission. This place has helped our family so much and continues to help other families in need, and it is only right to give back. I am thankful for them.
Happy Thanksgiving. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment