Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I am engaged!! 4/3/11 San Francisco, Ca


I was in shock! But, so so happy!
I am so excited! Aaron asked me to marry him is San Francisco on our 5 year anniversary (4/3/11) at a beautiful restaurant called Scomas. He had me guessing the whole time and threw my snoopy self off really well. Everyone kept telling me before we went that he was going to ask me and of course I had my mind wondering the entire time. I thought maybe he is? No, he definetly isn't........ But maybe it could happen, no... definetly not possible. I also didn't want to hope for it and then it didn't happen and be down my entire vacation. So, I told myself if it does, it does, if it doesn't, you are still going to have a great time with your best friend and enjoy your time together.
As soon as we got to the hotel, my snoopy self asked him if he wanted me to unpack his things....... he said "go ahead.." I said, "even your small bag?" He said, "sure if you want to." After that, I totally gave up on any sort of hope that it was going to happen. But, didn't say anything of course, that little voice in my head came out telling me to not expect anything and again, just enjoy your time together, and thats what we did! We had the most amazing time in SF. That day couldn't have been any better. We got to Scomas around 8 at night after walking around beautiful downtown SF. The staff was MORE then wonderful. Our server was so kind and funny and made our experience there more then perfect. When we were finished with dinner, (which was probably one of the most amazing meals I have ever had) I asked Aaron if he wanted dessert, he said "if you do.." by that point, I was certain nothing was going to happen and not even two minutes later, our server followed by the GM and several staff members all came out to our table and set down this plate decorated with the words "Will you marry me?" Aaron pulled out the ring and got down on his knee and told me how much he loved me, he said I was his best friend and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. It took me a few minutes to fully understand exactly what was going on and I finally replied "yes, of course!!!!" I turned my head and saw about 10 staff members taking pictures of our special moment which I am so thankful for! To have a picture of Aaron asking me to marry him is one of the most incredible possessions I own. I am so thankful he asked them to do that for us and they even emailed all of the photos to us the next day! It was definetly a moment I will remember and cherish for the rest of my life. After the proposal I just sat there staring at my ring, staring at Aaron and kept asking him over and over if this was really real?? So many people eating there (who also watched the proposal) came over to congratulate us and I definetly felt very special and loved.

SO HAPPY!

Wedding planning has began. :) It hadn't even been one day after we got engaged and people were already asking us if we set a date. Definetly not, but I bought the most amazing wedding organizer book last night and it lays everything out for you perfectly. I already have my lists started. :) We definetly know we are going to get married next summer sometime but have not picked a day until we decide on a venue which will hopefully be in the next month. I am OK with the long engagement! Give me more time to save and plan. :) Aaron and I both want a very traditional wedding. Since him and I both know so many people it will be pretty big which I am ok with. You only get married once (so they say!) and I want all of my family and friends to be there. I am happy Aaron & I both agree on that part of it. It will definetly be outdoor and of course I also want the most perfect big white dress! :) We also want to leave from the reception to the airport and head out on our Honeymoon! I seriously get butterflys thinking about the whole process. It is so exciting!


Our server was so amazing!


I am engaged!!
  
The hardest part so far for me is deciding my bridesmaids. I have so many girlfriends and tons of close girlfriends and I certainly don't want to hurt anyones feelings, but it really is hard choosing. We have decided on 7 each and that was hard limiting it to 7! I really just had to think about the people I have known the longest and who have always been there for me. Not to say other people haven't or that I care for them any less, but I can't have every girl I care for be in my wedding just because I am afraid to hurt their feelings. So, again, that is the toughest part for me so far. But I am sure that is one of MANY stressful moments to come but it is still a really exciting time!! I am so happy and can't wait to have the my big dream wedding and start to get everything organized and a date finally set! I have started our wedding website and I love doing it! Sharing your engagement story and watching the process of the wedding develop is such a wonderful feeling. I also love being able to say I have a finace :) Life is SO good!
I am so happy and excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment